The Mindful Little Calm Down Kit contains everything you need to set up a calm down space in your home or classroom, so you can start responding calmly and confidently to your child’s challenging behaviours and BIG emotions.
Children are not born with the ability to regulate their emotions. It’s a skill that needs to be learned, just like riding a bike, or tying shoelaces. This calm down kit will guide you step by step, through the process of teaching your child to manage their big emotions. Through mindfulness, connection and play, your child will learn important social and emotional skills and develop resilience and emotional intelligence.
And you? You can say goodbye to nagging, yelling, and exhausting power struggles. Because this is more than a printable kit. It’s an entire system that will help you move away from from punitive, fear based parenting strategies and towards mindful, connection based parenting, so that you can raise resilient, emotionally healthy kids and calm the reactivity and stress in your home.
What’s included in your Calm Down Kit?
This kit is a printable product that contains over 100 pages of instructions, posters, and playful tools to help your child feel safe, calm and in control. Your printable kit includes:
- 1 x Instruction Manual
- 4 x Calm Down Corner Posters
- 4 x Calm Down Kit Labels
- 2 x Calming Quote Posters
- Little Kids Feelings Chart
- Big Kids Feelings Chart
- What Can I Do? Poster and Card Set
- How Big is my Feeling? Chart
- My Calm Down Strategies Poster
- Bonus Printables: Playdough Activity Mats, How Am I Feeling Worksheet, Mindful Little Calm Down Cards, Mindful Little Breathing Cards, Mindful Little Breathing Boards, 2 x Mindful Breathing Posters, My Mindfulness Pinwheel, My Mind Jar, 9 x Colouring Pages, My Triggers Worksheet (for parents)
Do you need some calming toys and sensory tools for your calm down space? We’ve got an amazing selection of tools in our marketplace. Stress balls, yoga cards, worry dolls, affirmation cards, calming stones, colouring pages and more. Find our full range of emotion regulation tools for kids here and complete your calm down space today!