A set of 18 mindful colouring pages for kids that helps them develop resilience and positive self belief!
Colouring is a great way for children to practice mindfulness. It can improve focus and concentration, and helps kids feel calmer, too! And when we combine mindful colouring with the power of positive affirmations, we give kids amazing tools to regulate themselves and improve confidence and resilience.
This set of mindful colouring pages includes 18 different positive affirmations beginning with “I am…” and describing a positive, prosocial quality. They include qualities like kindness, determination, courage, strength, wisdom and loyalty. Each affirmation is paired with an animal that represents the quality included in the affirmation.
How do I use this product?
There are lots of different ways to use these colouring pages at home, at school, in the yoga studio or during mindfulness classes. Here are some fun ideas your child might like to try:
- Focus on the affirmation and repeat it to yourself while you colour your image
- Hang your finished colouring on the wall and practice repeating the affirmation to yourself whenever you walk past
- Talk with a trusted adult about why the affirmation is important to you
- Talk with a trusted adult about a time when the affirmation was true – when were you brave, or loyal, or wise?
- Choose one affirmation to focus on each week and try to notice all the times when the affirmation is true
- Notice how it feels when the affirmation is true. How does it feel to make wise decisions, or be a loyal friend?
- Keep some pages in your calm down spot with some pencils and do some mindful colouring when you need to calm down
- Do some mindful colouring in the classroom to help you re-focus after recess or lunch. Maybe you can practice some mindful breathing at the same time!
- Do some mindful colouring after your yoga class to help you wind down before you go home
Looking for more mindfulness activities? You can also find these colouring pages (and more fun mindfulness activities for kids) in my mindfulness workbook for kids here.
There are no reviews yet.